COVID-19 Update: Keeping Employees Safe While Reducing Liability
Includes a Live Event on 01/28/2021 at 10:00 AM (EST)
Are you aware of the latest COVID-19 workplace safety requirements? Join Don Lawless from Barnes & Thornburg as he gives an insightful fast-paced update on the latest COVID-19 workplace safety requirements including:
- MIOSHA’s application and enforcement strategies for its COVID-19 Emergency Rules and how they coordinate with MDHHS orders.
- An overview of MIOSHA’s COVID-19 employer enforcement actions.
- Work-related COVID-19 recording and screening data retention requirements.
- Voluntary or mandatory COVID-19 vaccination programs and asking employees about their vaccination status.
- Recent amendments to the Michigan COVID-19 anti-retaliation and leave law that impact employees’ ability to stay off work due to COVID-19 and related strategies.
- Remote work safety requirements and developing a workable remote work policy to meet MIOSHA requirements.
We will also examine anticipated federal OSHA changes from the new administration and lessons to be learned from recent MIOSHA inspections, citations and appeals.
This webinar will be recorded and available on-demand shortly after the live webinar.
Donald P. Lawless
Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
Don Lawless is a Partner at Barnes & Thornburg's Labor and Employment Law Department in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He has over 30 years of experience working on behalf of employers to meet their labor and employment law objectives. He is a frequent Michigan Chamber speaker, and a significant part of his practice involves OSHA/MIOSHA compliance and appeals. Don is also a Michigan Chamber Board member and actively participates on the Michigan Chamber Health and Human Resources Committee which he has previously chaired.
One (1) HR (General) recertification credit hour for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
One (1) PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.