FMLA and ADA: Managing Leave Requests Doesn’t Need to Be Complicated
Includes a Live Event on 11/17/2020 at 10:00 AM (EST)
Employee leaves of absence and accommodation requests under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) continue to expand in nature and scope. Reinforce your knowledge of key requirements and learn about the EEOC’s position regarding protections and accommodations applicable to opioid addiction.
You will learn:
- About the interplay about between the FMLA and the ADA
- When is an employer obligated to notify employees of their rights under the FMLA and the ADA
- What does it mean to engage in the interactive process
- How to engage in the interactive process
- Suggestion for communicating with health care providers about accommodation request
- What the EEOC guidance documents directed to employees and health care providers related to employee lawful use of Codeine, Oxycodone and other opioids in the workplace means for employers
This webinar will be recorded and available on-demand shortly after live webinar.
Varnum - Labor and Employment Group
Maureen Rouse-Ayoub – Maureen represents clients in all areas of labor and employment. She advises clients on labor management relations including union election proceedings, collective bargaining and contract enforcement in arbitration and before the National Labor Relations Board. Maureen defends employment-related claims including discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, Whistleblowers' and Fair Labor Standards Act violations in federal and state courts, administrative proceedings and arbitration hearings. She counsels clients on drafting, implementation and enforcement of workplace policies. She has significant experience working with companies in a variety of industries including manufacturing, automotive, logistics and health care.
One and a half (1.5) HR (General) recertification credit hour for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
One and a half (1.5) PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.