The Federal COVID 19 Vaccine Mandate and How it Will Affect Your Business
Recorded On: 11/08/2021
With the release of the much-anticipated guidance from Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) requiring employers with 100 or more employees to mandate vaccination for its workforce, many businesses are scrambling to understand the requirements and needing to take preparations to comply.
Join the Michigan Chamber of Commerce as we discuss this new government mandate and a variety of compliance issues, including:
- What employers are covered and how the 100-employee threshold is defined.
- What employees are covered and whether this mandate impacts your remote workforce.
- Understanding possible exemptions to the vaccination mandate.
- Identifying reasonable accommodations for persons unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
- Handling the administration issues of a vaccination program, including confidentiality and other logistical considerations.
- Recognizing and addressing related wage and hour issues.
- Understanding penalties and enforcement.
- How to handle overlapping vaccine mandates, including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) vaccine rule and the Executive Order mandating vaccines for federal contractors.
This webinar will be recorded and available on-demand shortly after the live webinar.
Rebecca S. Davies
Rebecca S. Davies is a shareholder based in Butzel Long's Detroit office. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan at Dearborn and her juris doctorate, magna cum laude, from the Detroit College of Law in 1995. She also completed the masters program at Wayne State University Law School by obtaining a L.L.M., with a GPA of 3.79, in Labor and Employment Law. Ms. Davies concentrates her practice primarily in the areas of employment law and commercial litigation. She represents employers in federal and state court litigation and before state and federal administrative agencies. Ms. Davies has represented employers in both the private and public sectors for almost twenty years. She has represented companies with 2 to 20,000 employees. In the public sector, Ms. Davies has represented numerous municipalities, libraries, counties and government authorities.
One (1) HR (General) recertification credit hour for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
One (1) PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.