HR 101: Introduction to Human Resources
Recorded On: 10/21/2020
A “hands on” guide on how to do most everything in the HR function.
This webinar explains all of the basic components of the Human Resources function and what the best practices are in the modern-day workplace. Gain the critical knowledge necessary to help reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, perform HR duties as a part of a non-HR job, or are looking for an effective way to boost your Human Resources / employee management skills.
- Broad overview the human resource function.
- How to protect you and your organization legally: Review history, legislation, and court cases in the HR field.
- Sexual harassment, relationships in the workplace
- Politics in the workplace, a strategy for resolving issues
- HR data gathering / investigation processes.
- Recruitment and selection processes to get better candidates and avoid legal pitfalls.
- Communication strategies.
- Compensation, and benefits information/issues for staff at all levels.
- Explain employee orientation, onboarding, and training strategies.
- Performance appraisals, the good, the bad and the ugly.
- HR Information systems: the new frontier.
- Many other topics
This is an “interactive” webinar where course participation is highly encouraged. Real life examples and case studies will be used to illustrate points and concepts. This webinar series is an exceptional foundation of knowledge for the HR professional.
This webinar will be recorded and available on-demand shortly after live webinar. Price is per person.
Three (6) HR (General) recertification credit hour for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Three (6) PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.