Managing Unemployment Claims and Costs in the COVID Era
Recorded On: 11/12/2020
COVID-19 has brought about changes to every aspect of your business. One area that has been particularly difficult for employers to navigate is the unemployment compensation system. With changing state and federal policies and claims at an all-time high, many employers are frustrated and confused.
This webinar will help employers better understand and navigate the unemployment system.
Topics covered during this webinar will include:
- New laws and regulations related to unemployment
- How to navigate the new processes implemented by the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency and how they can help employees manage unemployment
- How to manage COVID-19 related absences and when those absences might be covered by unemployment benefits
- How to contest unemployment benefit charges to your account
- How you can assist a current or former employee struggling to get their benefits paid
- How to identify and deal with fraudulent claims
- How the federal Extended Benefit Programs works
- What to expect in terms of future changes and challenges
- How to handle protests to state unemployment claims
- How COVID-19 related claims will impact your future tax rate
This webinar will be recorded and available on-demand shortly after live webinar. Price is per person.
Director of Operations, F.A.R. Managment
Brian Gmerick is the Director of Operations for FAR management, Inc. FAR is a third party administrator that manages the unemployment claims process for employers. FAR began in 1987 and Brian began working with them in 1994. In that time he has participated in over 10,000 unemployment hearings for employers and directed the operations that has responded to and manages millions of unemployment claims in that time period.
Three (3) HR (General) recertification credit hour for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Three (3) PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.